Mint Museum Uptown
Saturday June 8, 2013
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Open to all knitters, crocheters, spinners and other fiber fans
The Charlotte Knitting Guild invites you:
- Receive free museum admission if you bring needles, hooks or wheel.
- Door Prizes!
- Swap Table! Don’t forget your unloved yarn or magazines.
- Activity for non-knitters
Mint Museum Information
- 500 South Tryon, between Stonewall and Levine Avenue of the Arts
- Admission for family and friends
- Adults $10
- Seniors $8
- Children, 5-17 $5
- Children under 4 Free
- Visit www.mintmuseum.org for exhibits and more info
How to get there
- Take the Lynx (light rail) and get off at the Stonewall/Westin Stop, walk west up Stonewall
- Drive and Park at the Green parking garage across the street or the Duke Energy Center parking garage next door (both $5-10) or on the street
- Halcyon at the Mint Museum
- E2go (takeout) at Duke Energy center
- Levant Mediterranean, 501 S. Church
- Fuel Pizza at the Green
Baskets of Yarn is hosting Stitch & Pitch on Saturday, June 1. It’s the 7:15 game vs. The Rochester Twins. Since it’s a Saturday, there will be fireworks. Reserve your seats on Baskets of Yarn page by calling the shop at 704-733-9053 beforeMay 20th. After that you’ll need to contact the Knights box office.
Join us for the May meeting at The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye For. We’ll gather at 6 pm and the meeting will run from 6:30 to 8 pm. Bring a finished project or one in progress for show and tell.
The Fibre Studio At Yarns To Dye For
4724 Sharon Road, Suite K
Charlotte, NC 28210
Heather Storta, who just achieved Level 2 of TKGA’s Master Knitter program, will be sharing her swatches and projects plus her swatches for Level 3. She will speak about seaming challenges, which is a focus for Level 2.
This is the meeting to submit your entry for Excellence in Knitting. Entry forms will be available at the meeting. Everyone is encouraged to participate, there will be separate categories for new knitters and pros.
We’ll also be discussing plans for our upcoming World Wide Knit in Public Day event at the Mint Museum, June 8.
Hope to see you at the meeting!
We will meet at the new Yarnhouse location (close to previous location):
2424 N Davidson St, #106-A
Charlotte, NC 28205
Gather and socialize from 6 to 6:30, meeting starts at 6:30.